Irish health officials have confirmed a second Irish case of swine flu.
"Laboratory test results have today confirmed a second case of Influenza Type A (H1N1) in Ireland," said a statement released by the Government.
The patient is an adult female from the east of the country who had recently returned from New York.
"She remains at home where she is receiving appropriate treatment and is clinically well," said the statement.
"The presentation of this case does not come as a surprise," said Dr. Tony Holohan, Chief Medical Officer of the Department of Health & Children.
"As has been said previously, we have expected further cases and indeed, still do. Both the Department of Health & Children and the Health Service Executive had planned for this eventuality and continue preparations in anticipation of further cases.’’
The first case of swine flu in Ireland was confirmed on May 2.
Last week the Government lifted a ban on non-essential travel to Mexico as officials believed the risk of infection had receded.
Irish farmers don’t want Donald Trump to visit but Paddy’s Day A-Okay