One of the 13-year-old boys accused of murdering schoolgirl Anastasia Kriegel is set to be bailed.
The schoolgirl was horrifically murdered in a disused farmhouse in Lucan in May this year.
The 13-year-old boy was the first to be charged with Kriegel's murder, before another 13-year-old was also charged.
According to RTE News, the first accused has now been "remanded in custody with consent to bail".
He had previously been charged on May 25th, and then refused bail on June 29th.
At the boy's first hearing, the court heard that he had "nothing to say" as he sat beside his mother in court.
The youth, who cannot be named because of his age, was due to face his fifth hearing at the Dublin Children’s Court today, but he did not attend.
Judge John O’Connor was informed at the Children’s Court that the prosecution had made significant progress in the case and a psychiatric assessment was carried out.
According to reports, Judge O'Connor has agreed to a "remand in custody with consent to bail".
Honestly makes me feel ill 😷— Tara O'Connor (@Tweet_Tweet_X) July 30, 2018
Defence solicitor Donough Molloy told media he understood bail had been granted but he was not yet aware of the terms.
The case is currently on recess. A State solicitor told Judge O’Connor that the High Court’s order was being drawn up and finalized.
The case is adjourned until Thursday. The other 13-year-old accused will also face his next hearing this week.
Anastasia ('Ana') was adopted from Russia at the age of two.
The 14-year-old left her home in Kildare on May 14th and did not return. After a highly publicized missing persons search operation, her body was found at a disused farmhouse three days later.
A postmortem found that she died from repeated blows with blunt force objects.
There has been no indication yet as to how either boy intends to plead.