Dubliner, Mary Byrne may have lost out on her “X Factor” dream over the weekend, but the former Tesco worker looks set to cash in on several lucrative deals.
According to the latest reports, several companies are interested in working with the 50-year-old.
British company, Mark and Spencers are keen to work with Mary who they think has a lot in common with their average M&S shopper.
A “X Factor” insider told the Daily Mail, that Mary looks set to make several deals, despite not making next weekends final of the show: “She has even been offered a plus sized clothing range for a supermarket and Marks and Spencer have been in touch.
“They love her - who knows, she could be joining Twiggy and Myleene Klass on the adverts in time!,” the source claimed.
The Ballyfermot mother of one left the show on Sunday night after losing out in a sing-off with 17-year-old Cher Lloyd.
Many fans were shocked when it emerged that the final decision was not down to the public vote like previous years, but instead the judges would decide the fate of the semi-finalists.
Speaking yesterday, Byrne said she knew she had the public's support: "I hope I would have. I know the public has supported me right the way through. And if there had been a chance that they could have done it that way, it would have been great."
The Irish woman said she pitied those who voted for her as in the end, it wasn't counted: "I do feel sorry for them because I know they voted in their thousands, God bless them. But they understand it's a young person's programme: they understand. I have this opportunity now and hope they stay with me, the fans, and buy my record and really just enjoy me and I'll enjoy them."
“It's not my decision and I can't talk for the way they (the programme makers) make their decision. As soon as she learned there would be a sing-off she felt she would be out of the competition. I knew then. I kind of had the hunch that that was the way it was going to go.” she added.