It’s National Potato Day in Ireland – a day for celebrating the nutritious staple crop of our ancestors and beloved accompaniment to any home cooked meal.
But is the almighty spud really all that and a bag of potato chips? Here are the top ten cases against it.
1. Too filling
2. Annoying to peel
There has to be an easier way
3. French fries – the bane of dieters everywhere
4. Irish potato snobs
It's pronounced PO-TAY-TOE, you understand?
5. Potato blight – rare but devastating
6. The green ones are poisonous
7. They're terrifying when they sprout
8. Potato bread
9. Not nearly as entertaining as Mr. Potato Head
But who are we kidding, they’re delicious! How could you not love potatoes?
Check out the top ten Irish potato recipes with a twist or tell us your favorite potato dishes in the comment section.