"Dancing with the Stars" cheeky host Tom Bergeron announced on Monday that Michael Bolton would be filling her position to perform alongside Ne-Yo.
On Monday Boyle's representatives released a statement explaining that she began to feel ill during the trip from Scotland to L.A. It said "Her doctor advised her not to sing due to a severe throat infection...Susan is very upset at letting her fans down. Their continued support means so much to her."
This turn of events comes just one month after Boyle was forced to cancel her "America's Got Talent" performance due to a delay in the song rights for Lou Reed's "Perfect Day."
However this now gives Bolton, the 57-year-old crooner who until last week was a competitor on "Dancing with the Stars" the chance to perform.
Last week Bruno Tonioli, a judge on the show said that Bolton's jive was the "worst jive in 11 seasons" of the show. Speaking on "Good Morning America" Bolton said that he felt Bruno should apologize for being "inappropriate and disrespectful."
Unfortunately the producers on the show did not feel the same way. They released a statement which read "While we respect the feelings of our celebrities and dancers we don't feel Bruno should be expected to apologize for doing his job."