How to make the perfect Irish whiskey 'hot toddy' for Christmas
A hot whiskey is the perfect companion on a cold winter night
Try this recipe as a winter-warmer over the holidays. A hot whiskey is a traditional 'cure-all' for those seasonal sniffles. It’s also a delicious digestif or a night cap (drink before bed).
A good Irish whiskey. (Jameson or Powers is ideal)
A heat proof glass
2 teaspoons sugar
Slice of lemon
Prep Time: 5 minutes
1. Fill a kettle to boil hot water.
2. Place a metal spoon in a glass (will prevent glass from breaking) into the glass to pre-heat it, before emptying it out
3. Cut a slice of lemon, remove the pips and stick some cloves into the fruit.
4. Put a teaspoon of sugar into the glass followed by a shot of Irish whiskey. Give the whiskey and sugar mixture a bit of a stir and try to dissolve the lumps.
5. Add boiling water and then stir.
6. Add the lemon and additional cloves (if desired) to the mix.
7. Wrap a wee napkin around the glass, so you don’t scald yourself.
- A variation on the traditional Irish Christmas Cake recipe ...
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed since the financial collapse...
- Hearty and warming Irish beef and onion pie recipe...
- Top ten best Irish food and drink treats for the Christmas season...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas