Brian Kelly confident Seantrel Henderson will pick Notre Dame
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an overgrown child? - Antics during the U.S. Open leave his maturity very much in question
- Was Notre Dame’s Everett Golson caught cheating at exams leading to suspension? Quarterback statement hints at major integrity issue and harsh punishment does also
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
Wednesday is National Signing Day for college recruits and D-Day for Brian Kelly and his Notre Dame staff. That is when the key college players left unsigned will make their decisions known.
According to the South Bend Tribune, the big name to watch for the Irish is Seantrel Henderson, who was the Parade Magazine Player of the Year. He is a 6-foot-8, 340-pound offensive tackle from St. Paul, Minn., and went to the same school as wide receiver Michael Floyd. Henderson would be a huge "get" for Notre Dame, but Kelly is said to be confident he has bagged him although USC and Ohio State are probably favorites.
Rivals.com loves him: "Other than his massive body size, Henderson is extremely nimble and agile on his feet, especially laterally. He gets that from playing basketball when he's not training for football. Henderson also has great hand placement during pass protection, thus being able to direct the pass rusher outside the pocket."
Henderson visited Miami last weekend and will decide among the Hurricanes, the Irish, Southern California, Ohio State and Florida.
Like many others, Henderson will announce his decision Wednesday afternoon on the CBS College Network in New York.
Another player announcing on CBS is J.R. Ferguson, a 6-4, 270-pound defensive tackle from Chatham, Va. His final list include Miami, where he visited this weekend, Notre Dame and other unnamed schools.
Also in the mix for Kelly is offensive lineman Matt James from St. Xavier High School in Cincinnati, the same school as recent Irish get, quarterback Luke Massa. James will pick from Ohio State and Notre Dame and will announce his choice Wednesday. He visited Notre Dame this past weekend.
Safety Jeremy Ioane of Honolulu is another Kelly dream pick. He was another visitor to Notre Dame this past weekend. His choice is down to Notre Dame, Washington and Boise State. He will announce Wednesday.
Also from Hawaii, defensive end Kona Schwenke will pick between the Irish and Washington. He had been committed to BYU.
Linebacker Christian Jones, a 6-4, 228-pound player from Winter Park, Fla. is said to be considering the Irish, Florida State and Alabama.
If Kelly lands Henderson, you will probably hear the roar from there to South Bend whereever you are.
The betting here is that he will come to South Bend.