Irish Food Guide by Zack Gallagher
RTE's Gay Byrne bakes a Christmas cake but drinks all the whiskey! - VIDEO
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 07:17 AM
- Irish chef Brian McDermott warns about salt usage after having his own health scare
- Results of the Ulster Finals of the Irish Restaurant Awards 2013 - top Northern Ireland eateries revealed
- Sligo College seeks entries for The World Irish Stew Championship
- A twist on an Irish dish - oven-baked creamy wild garlic and cheese potatoes recipe
- A History of Ireland in 100 objects - a great free app
Gay, affectionately known as Gaybo, is one of the most famous Irish TV personalities and one of the founding fathers of modern Irish television journalism. He hosted and produced the RTE Late Late Show, which has broadcast every Friday night since it's first show in 1962 until he retired in 1999!
The Late Late Show is Ireland's most popular and prestigious television show and is also the longest running chat show in the world.
Gay sometimes tells a story about him making a Christmas Cake, where he follow a recipe and as he cooks it he makes regular tasting checks on the quality of the whiskey, with humorous results!
I pasted Gay's face into a Santa Claus suit and used a little bit of PhotoShop to make this wee animation to go along with the story. It's the best I could do in an hour but I had a laugh myself at the finished film clip!
So sit back and listen to...
Gay Byrne's Christmas Cake
For more from Zack see www.IrishFoodGuide.ie
Be the first to make a comment.
More #IRISHFOOD (4)
- Irish chefs Zack Gallagher and Wendy Kavanagh start new all-Ireland culinary tour business...
- Second Scranton Celtic Festival to build on fun and success with great acts and activities...
- New Irish festival GaelFest to showcase music, dance, sports, arts and literature...
- My top ten favorite Irish foods in most of Ireland's grocery stores - from Tayto crisps to...