Irish Food Guide by Zack Gallagher
RTE's Gay Byrne bakes a Christmas cake but drinks all the whiskey! - VIDEO
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 07:17 AM
- New Belfast restaurant, The Malt Room, gives all profits to charity
- 21-year-old Mark Moriarty wins Ireland's Euro-Toques Young Chef of the Year
- A pub, is a pub, but not so in Ireland, 34 mentions in "Michelin Eating Out in Pubs Guide" (PHOTOS)
- County Leitrim hosts International wild mushroom festival
- Winners announced for Ireland's most prestigious and authoritative culinary awards
Gay, affectionately known as Gaybo, is one of the most famous Irish TV personalities and one of the founding fathers of modern Irish television journalism. He hosted and produced the RTE Late Late Show, which has broadcast every Friday night since it's first show in 1962 until he retired in 1999!
The Late Late Show is Ireland's most popular and prestigious television show and is also the longest running chat show in the world.
Gay sometimes tells a story about him making a Christmas Cake, where he follow a recipe and as he cooks it he makes regular tasting checks on the quality of the whiskey, with humorous results!
I pasted Gay's face into a Santa Claus suit and used a little bit of PhotoShop to make this wee animation to go along with the story. It's the best I could do in an hour but I had a laugh myself at the finished film clip!
So sit back and listen to...
Gay Byrne's Christmas Cake
For more from Zack see www.IrishFoodGuide.ie
Be the first to make a comment.
More #IRISHFOOD (4)
- Hearty and warming Irish beef and onion pie recipe...
- Top ten best Irish food and drink treats for the Christmas season...
- Homemade Irish brown soda bread recipe...
- Gilligan's Gourmet: Christmas pudding with brandy butter...