Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Tiny kitten saved from death on Irish highway - VIDEO
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 11:38 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
A rescue mission made its way to the south-bound lane opposite the exit for Dundrum at junction 13, moments after the kitten was spotted. The speed of the cars made the task of rescuing the four-month-old kitten almost impossible.
The Dublin SPCA sent off Lisa Kemp, an ambulance driver, to the site and she realized in just how much danger the petrified kitten was in.
“He was absolutely terrified. I couldn't get to him. The traffic was going too fast, I kept fearing he would run and be hit,” she said.
"I ran with the cat basket and just grabbed him and ran back," she said.
The kitten was taken to the SPCA center in Rathfarnham, and the staff has named it “Freeway.”
Amazing animals: An orangutan at Dublin Zoo saves a duckling from drowning - VIDEO
Macnas brings spectacular energy to the streets of Galway with 'Fierce Beauty' parade - VIDEO
Irish traveller denies animal cruelty -claims his horse acts as a guide dog - VIDEO
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Ireland wins top spot on Forbes’ Best Countries
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin