Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Record numbers of Irish went to the movies in 2010
Posted on Tuesday, January 04, 2011 at 09:27 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
The top ten movies in the Irish box office took in over $5 million more than their counterparts in 2009. They took in an incredible $49 million.
James Cameron’s “Avatar” was the highest grossing film on the planet last year and it took in $8.25 million in Ireland.
Ireland has to second-biggest cinema going popular in the world with 4.5 annual cinema trips per capita. The United States are the top cinema goers with 4.3 admissions per person.
In the past decade the sale of cinema tickets in Ireland have grown by 40 percent from 12.5 million in 1999 to 17.7 in 2009.
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Ireland wins top spot on Forbes’ Best Countries
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- “Duck Dynasty” names now more popular in...
- Christmas jokes guaranteed to make the cat...