Finbar Furey’s “'The Last Great Love Song'” tops Irish charts (VIDEO)
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Folk singer Finbar Furey hit's number 1 spot with "The Last Great Love Song"|
, Irish Music
The Irish folk star Finbar Furey has topped this week’s Irish singles chart with his song “The Last Great Love Song”.
Furey, famous for his part in the 1960s sibling band The Fureys, performed the tune as part of the RTE reality TV series “The Hit” and beat Katie Perry’s “Roar” to the top spot. The love song was written by Gerry Fleming.
The last time Furey had a number one in Ireland was 1987.
Here’s Ireland’s top 10 singles:
1. “The Last Great Love Song” - Finbar Furey
2. “Roar” - Katy Perry
3. “Wake Me Up” - Avicii
4. “Burn” - Ellie Goulding
5. “Jigsaw Man” - Mundy Vision
6. “Counting Stars” - Onerepublic
7. “Everything To Me” - Shane Filan
8. “Best Song Ever” - One Direction
9. “Summertime Sadness” - Lana Del Rey
10. “We Can't Stop” - Miley Cyrus
The video of Finbar Furey performing “The Last Great Love Song” on “The Hit”:
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Did Catholic Church insistence on English...
- Dubliner found guilty of vicious Temple Bar...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Recalling Irish America’s greatest moment:...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Irish university suspends Legion of Mary...
- Nelson Mandela showed us all what could be...