Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
'Driving in Dublin in 1974' YouTube video goes viral
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 08:59 AM
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
- Galway teacher thrilled to receive thank you letter from President Obama for sketch drawing
|Driving down Dame Street|
He describes the video as "My dad and his friend filmed themselves driving around Dublin city centre in 1974. They drove down Grafton Street and up by Dame Street by the central bank (still being built) then down past Trinity College and up to the top of O'Connell street. Check out the flares and 1970s cars."
Whether his father had the foresight to add the soundtrack or the addition of "Canned Heat's "On the Road Again" or it was willmcq's doing the music fits in perfectly with this incredible footage.
Here's the video:
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Young people worst affected by Ireland’s...
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are...
- Disgraced Cardinal Keith O’Brien leaves Scotlan
- Ten castles to rent in Ireland for a vacation...