Juan Williams fired for telling the truth by perfect NPR
- Profile in Irish fighting courage - Heffernan’s campaign for respite care for families dealing with fatal rare illnesses such as Batten’s disease
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate deal for visas because of 1965 shutout - Says “Schumer visas” set to give Ireland 10,500 visas a year for the future
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are 50-50 say the pols privately - House seen as major obstacle as Senate gets closer to a vote
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing on Pat Finucane death - New hearings told how informer was murdered before he could give evidence
- U.S. Tourism Ireland chief Joe Byrne says goodbye and hello again to massive acclaim - Popular Carlow native led tourist figures to Ireland to historic heights
You gotta feel sorry for Juan Williams.
He gets fired from politically correct NPR for admitting a basic truth,
When he gets on airplanes and sees people dressed in Muslim garb he gets nervous.
If he said he didn't I'd know he was lying.
The human condition is such that we measure fight or flight risks all the time.
It is how we evolved as any Darwinian will tell you.
Seeing Muslims in garb on planes connects us viscerally back to 9/11 and what happened.
It is unfair and we are able to overcome it by applying rational thought to it.
But does that mean that instinctively we don't feel a momentary tension and a flashback to 9/11 when a Muslim in full garb boards a plane?
Of course not but NPR wants us to believe their perfect species of human beings would never allow such an errant thought through their perfect brains.
I was Irish in London in the 1970s and I remember the stares when I spoke after an IRA bomb atrocity.
Honestly I could not blame people for being a little concerned. Crazy killers were blowing up men, women and children in pubs in Birmingham and Guildford.
It was a very human reaction.
As was that of Juan Williams and everyone else I suspect.
Except the pluperfect people at NPR.
15 - 112 | See all comments
- Did Pope Francis perform an exorcism at the...
- 87-year-old sues Donald Trump over condo...
- Violent attacks on gays in New York up 70...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Immigration reform bill passes a huge hurdle...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- Irish leader delivers powerful commencement...
- Sordid tale of Jimmy Savile to become a musical
- 'I expect terror attacks during G8 summit'...
- Sisters abused over six years by their uncle...