People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Tom Tancredo will be a disaster for Colorado if elected because of anti -immigrant views
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 06:51 AM
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
- GOP overplays its hand and Harry Reid pounces
It is Halloween so we should not be surprised to see a politician rise from the dead.
It just seemed a few months ago that Tom Tancredo gave up his House seat and vanished into well-deserved obscurity.
Now he's back.
Tom Tancredo, the most anti-immigrant congressman of the modern era is within three points of becoming Governor of Colorado according to the latest opinion poll.
Running on the Constitution Party line, Tancredo has benefitted from the complete collapse of the Republican Party candidate and an angry mood among voters.
But do Colorado voters know what they are letting themselves in for if they elect Tancredo?
The Arizona immigration controversy will be like a minor tea party -- excuse the allusion-- if Tancredo wins.
He is a as close to a racist and know nothing on immigration as makes little difference.
Sure he clouds it with references to illegals and the rest, but make n mistake about it Hispanics will not be welcome in Colorado with this man as governor.
The Irish Lobby on Immigration Reform found Tancredo by far the most bitter and unreasonable of any politician they sought to lobby on the issue of immigration reform.
Just imagine him as governor.
He will be extraordinarily divisive and will reflect very badly on Colorado, a state with a very large Hispanic population.
So Colorado citizens be warned.
This guy will spell trouble if he is elected to office.
I daresay he will be the most controversial governor in the state's history.
Bad move if they elect him.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Ireland wins top spot on Forbes’ Best Countries
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin