Latinos right to confront do-nothing Harry Reid on immigration reform issue
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
I have to say I agree with Latinos for Reform that Latinos are wasting their time voting for Harry Reid and his ilk in the upcoming election.
All the Democrats have done for two years is the old bait and switch , pretending to care about comprehensive immigration reform yet doing nothing about it.
Sure we hear the rhetoric and we hear the impassioned calls, but when it comes to action Harry Reid and Barack Obama have been far worse than President Bush who at least helped get an immigration bill through the House and onto the floor of the senate.
All the Democrats have done is whistle past the graveyard of broken dreams of Latinos and other ethnic groups desperately seeking immigration reform and hope they don't notice.
Latinos For Reform are pushing it pretty far by saying don't vote in this election, but maybe it takes a fire eating proposal like that to get some action from the Democrats.
They had a supermajority in the Senate and House for two years and did nothing. They will be lucky to retain the senate and will likely lose the house which means no immigration reform for the next two years and God knows how long after that.
Worse they crafted a last second bill on the DREAM act,allowing children of illegal immigrants, brought to this country very young to stay here-- but they failed to pass it. T
alk about broken DREAMS.
Latinos need to wake up and accept that is the reality -- and that it could have been very different.
if Obama had spent half the time lavishing love on the Latino community as he did with Wall Street and the banks something historic might have been achieved.
It is now too little too late and Harry Reid is getting called on it.
Politico's Ben Smith talked to Robert de Posada,whose organization sponsored the ad who told him:
"We're saying what a lot of people are feeling. It's the only way for Hispanics to stand up and demand some attention,"
He's right you know.
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...