NOW Comes to Defense of Conservative Michelle Bachman
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2011 at 05:10 PM
- Dispelling liberal myths, the Tea Party is not racist and the right is not the realm of homophobes and misogynists
- Sean Hannity shows generosity, pays Obamacare worker fired for talking to him
- A country that does not control its borders….Is no longer a country
- Republicans can say 'we told you so' as Obamacare is inflicted on America
- The House Republicans are the adults in the room when it comes to debt talks
In yet another example of the high-tech lynching that occurs to strong, conservative woman, Newsweek tried to harpoon Michelle Bachman with an unflattering picture on its cover. But after years of hypocritical silence, NOW (National Organization for Women) finally stepped up to the plate and defended Congresswoman Bachman.
NOW took a firm stand against the front page picture used by Newsweek. It depicts GOP Presidential contender Bachman as a wild eyed crazy woman, something the DNC and its liberal henchmen in the press have been foisting on the American public ever since she reached national prominence. I'd like to see Newsweek post a picture on its cover of DNC chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schults in her natural state.
Monday, NOW spoke out against Newsweek’s most recent cover, which features an extreme close-up of Michele Bachman and the title “The Queen of Rage.”
Said NOW president Terry O’Neill. “Casting her in that expression and then adding ‘The Queen of Rage’ is sexist. Gloria Steinem has a very simple test: If this were done to a man or would it ever be done to a man – has it ever been done to a man? Surely this has never been done to a man.”....Well Terry, it has been done to men and it will probably happen again, but that is beside the point. Your organization needed to step up and defend ALL women, not just the liberal democrat ones.
Well that image has been somewhat changed when it issued a statement condemning Newsweek for the atrocious picture.
I suppose a Brava! is appropriate for the belated defense of Michelle Bachman. But many more kudos would come down if NOW did its job as a defender of all women regardless of political persuasion. That includes Sarah Palin and the vicious treatment she has received at the hands of the main stream press.
Perhaps NOW could assign full time bodyguards for Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman as the political season heats up. That might help atone for the past dereliction of duty on NOW'S part.
For other points of view visit Carroll Standard: www.carrollstandard.com
- European Parliament calls for international inquiry into Michael Dwyer killing in Bolivia...
- The hypocritical Irish American right-wing anti-immigration reform “Lynch” mob...
- GPA urges those in need to seek help following untimely death of GAA star Niall Donohue...
- Government politician banned from serving communion in abortion row...