Attorney General Holder is fast becoming the reason Congress is furious
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 06:43 PM
- Dispelling liberal myths, the Tea Party is not racist and the right is not the realm of homophobes and misogynists
- Sean Hannity shows generosity, pays Obamacare worker fired for talking to him
- A country that does not control its borders….Is no longer a country
- Republicans can say 'we told you so' as Obamacare is inflicted on America
- The House Republicans are the adults in the room when it comes to debt talks
What's at the crux of the Fast and Furious gun running scandal is that the federal government purposely let thousands of high powered, dangerous guns be sold illegally in Arizona under the guise of tracking them to their criminal destinations. But hardly any of the guns were tracked and they eventually fell into the hands of criminals and gangs. These guns were responsible for crimes on both sides of the border, the deaths of hundreds of Mexican citizens and the death of at least one of our own Federal border agents.
But some people have openly stated the real motive was to make Arizona look like a lawless, out of control, gun ridden area that needed to be clamped down on by the Federal government.
After all of this time, the Congressional committee headed by Congressman Darrell Issa, has been given only 7,000 documents out of the over 130,000 documents requested from Obamas Justice Department. Furthermore many of the documents handed over to the committee were heavily redacted, or blacked out in order to shield key pieces of information.
The stalling and contempt for the committees requests for information has set up a dramatic showdown, as the oversight committee is set to make an historical vote on whether to charge the recalcitrant Attorney General with contempt of Congress. Unless the Attorney General comes clean within the next several hours, look for yet another confrontation between this administration and the other branches of government.
If the committee votes to hold the Attorney General in contempt, it will be an historic watermark. The Attorney General is the chief law enforcement officer of the United States. If he is held in contempt by our Congressional committee it would be both embarrassing to the administration as well as a vote of no confidence for it's Attorney General.
All of this would be unnecessary if the administration cooperated in this investigation.
It is the duty of the Congress to oversee the operations of the government and delve into areas they think are corrupt or fraudulent. They should be given full cooperation by any in the government that they request information from, regardless of who they are.
The most unique gifts: Time capsules in American and world history: lifemagforsale.
For other points of view visit Carroll Standard: carrollstandard.com
- European Parliament calls for international inquiry into Michael Dwyer killing in Bolivia...
- The hypocritical Irish American right-wing anti-immigration reform “Lynch” mob...
- GPA urges those in need to seek help following untimely death of GAA star Niall Donohue...
- Government politician banned from serving communion in abortion row...