Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive, Ryan Reynolds is a "sweet" guy says Jason Bateman
Posted on Thursday, July 28, 2011 at 11:21 AM
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
The 34-year-old actor – who has previously won People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive accolade – is "more likely" to be embarrassed about people lamenting his looks, according the director his new film 'The Change-Up,' David Dobkin.
He said: "He's a sweet kid and a good guy. Being Sexiest Man Alive – I'm sure it's humbling – but he's someone who would more likely blush at that kind of attention than be looking for it."
He was particularly friendly with his 'Change-Up' co-star Jason Bateman, and according to David it is because Jason showed Ryan a lot of kindness when he first arrived in Los Angeles to begin a career as an actor.
He said: "My impression was that they knew each other casually. There's some story about Ryan getting to Los Angeles when he was 18 and bumping into Bateman and Bateman being very magnanimous and warm to him and that always sat well with Ryan. It created a sense of connection."
Ryan has previously confessed he has been "teased" by his family due to People's 2010 accolade. He said: "You just have to go with the flow. This gives my family entre into teasing me for the rest of my life.
"Now it's going to be, 'Sexiest Man, take out the garbage.' That does sound better. The most difficult part is going to be organically working this title into a conversation with random strangers."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...