Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction in Twitter feud with The Wanted - it all started when Zayn Mailik called Max George a "geek"
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2012 at 08:22 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
|The Wanted and One Direction in Twitter feud|
What began as perhaps a lighthearted feud between boybands One Direction and The Wanted has taken a turn for the worse. Dubbed the "battle of the boy bands" by the Global Grind, the online fight seems to be real.
According to the Examiner, it all started when Zayn Mailik called Max George of The Wanted a "geek."
George then tweeted a photo of singer PSY, writing: “Psy and me getting messy #geekandproud.”
Zayn Malik then tweeted:
“The first step is totally acceptance. #geekoftheweek. You display just how much of a wannabe you are.)”
Max then replied:
“That’s not very nice, @ZaynMalik. I was just starting to like you and your RnB songs, too.”
Tom Parker of The Wanted went on to say: “Zayn Malik had his '1 Stripes' knickers in a twist, bro.”
Malik retaliated later, tweeting:
“Mate, if I had a face like yours, my hair would be the last thing I would worry about. : )”
“Pipe down bad boy,” was the response.
Zayn Malik of One Direction later responded with:
“Let’s not even discuss vocal ability, boys. : ). I would love to chat but have to run through rehearsals.”
“Enjoy rehearsals,” said George. “Stay off the bud … It makes you cranky.”
The Wanted have reportedly said before that the One Direction band members were not very kind.
In an interview with UK magazine, Louis Tomlinson said,"If you want to create a rivalry, let's do it."