Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Massively successful One Direction showing cracks - Zayn Malik will be the first to leave
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2012 at 08:52 AM
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
Last week Perez Hilton failed to raise eyebrows when he announced that he does not think One Direction will be around for much longer. Whether he just wants to cause controversy or get attention for his statement, he backed up his reason to believe the band will crack soon.
The blogger told Digital Spy that either one band member would leave or the group will eventually break up.
“I would not be surprised if One Direction break up in the next couple of years.
“I think ultimately one of them will quit or get fired, they’ll continue on as a foursome and then not too long after- maybe a year or two- they’ll break up.
“It happened very quickly for them, so it could end very quickly for them too.”
He went on to compare One Direction’s boys to the Jonas Brothers.
“Look at the Jonas Brothers- a few years ago they were incredibly popular, but now? Not so much.”
Perez has got people talking, but few will be quick to agree with him as he said before, “One Direction may have a career after the X Factor is over in the UK, but their chances of crossing over to America and the rest of the world are ZERO.”