Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lindsay Lohan is looking for "true love"
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 07:57 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
|Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor in 'Liz and Dick'|
She told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "I relate to the fact that Elizabeth Taylor once said, 'I love being in love.' I do, too. I love being in love.
"There's nothing better than that first feeling of being in love, so I look forward to having that at some point.
"Yes, I've been in love with people - maybe one or two - but I haven't really had a true love yet.
"I can only imagine what it would be like to have the kind of love that she and Richard Burton had."
Lindsay, 26, has been linked to a string of famous people in the past including Dominic Cooper, Samantha Ronson, Colin Farrell and Jared Leto, and her personal life has been turbulent in recent years with stints in jail and rehab, but she is determined to turn her life around and get her focus back on acting.
She added: "I care what people think, but I am who I am and it's unfortunate that some of the things that are meant to be kept private have been exposed.
"I love acting and that's what I started out doing and it's unfortunate that people began to know me as a celebrity rather than an actress.
"I can only hope to gain respect back through my work."