Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
KISS bass player Gene Simmons has a "boy crush" on George Clooney
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 09:18 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
|Simmons said he has a 'boy crush' on Clooney|
The KISS bass player admitted he finds the hunky actor attractive at the Carousel of Hope gala in Beverly Hills, California, at which George was the guest of honor for his philanthropic work.
Gene told ETonline.com: "What do you girls say when you like another girl, but you're straight?"
When told he was referring to a "girl crush," he added, "George could be my 'boy crush'," as he raised his eyebrows and tilted his sunglasses.
Gene's wife, Shannon Tweed, was also very complimentary about George, praising his giving nature.
She added: "You can't even fault anything about George. As much as you wanna criticize movie stars for what they make and do, he gives."
George also appeared at the event - which raised $2.5 million to benefit the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes - and joined singer Neil Diamond on stage to sing his classic track 'Sweet Caroline'.
In his speech, George promised to help end President Omar al-Bashir's tight control over Sudan, one of the things he was helping finance to achieve this is a satellite which focuses on the country.
Other guests appearing at the event included 'Desperate Housewives' actress Nicollette Sheridan and two-time 'Dancing with the Stars' winner Julianne Hough.