Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Justin Bieber has overtaken Lady Gaga as the most followed person on Twitter
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 08:52 AM
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
|Justin Bieber tops Twitter|
Gaga had held the title for almost three years since overtaking Britney Spears in 2010.
The 'Born This Way' star was also the first Twitter user to cross the 10 million followers threshold, and broke her own record by becoming the first user to cross 20 million followers and then 30 million.
Gaga previously tweeted about Justin's growing Twitter following, saying: "So proud of @justinbieber and all the Beliebers! I'm only happy to see your fans growing in size, you all deserve it! Monsters support you!"
Both singers have prominent fan bases on the website, with Justin's fans nicknamed 'Beliebers', and Gaga's branded 'Little Monsters'.
Fellow pop stars Katy Perry and Rihanna, as well as American President Barack Obama, make up the top five most followed people on Twitter.
The 10 most followed Twitter accounts:
1. Justin Bieber (@justinbieber)
2. Lady Gaga (@ladygaga)
3. Katy Perry (@katyperry)
4. Rihanna (@rihanna)
5. Barack Obama (@BarackObama)
6. Britney Spears (@britneyspears)
7. Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13)
8. YouTube (@YouTube)
9. Shakira (@shakira)
10. Kim Kardashian (@KimKardashian)
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...