Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
John Travolta's wife Kelly Preston says Scientology helped her get over the death of her son Jett.
Posted on Thursday, August 18, 2011 at 05:11 PM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
The actress – who has been a Scientologist along with husband John Travolta for more than two decades – explained she might not have recovered from the sudden loss of the 16-year-old boy, who died from a seizure during a family holiday to the Bahamas in January 2009, had it not been for the religion.
When asked what got her through such a tough period in her life, she told Health magazine: "To be honest, [it was] the Scientology Centre. I don't know if I would have made it through without it.
"Don't sweat the small things. Love your kids like it could be the last moment."
The 48-year-old star – who shares daughter Ella Bleu, 11, with John - explained it was a "wonderful" moment when she found out she was pregnant with the couple's third child Benjamin Hunter Kaleo, who was born in November 2010.
She added: "We [had been trying] for quite a few years. When I found out I was pregnant, I was floored. I'd snuck out of bed and then came back and woke Johnny up in bed. We both started crying. It was wonderful."
John Travolta donated 10 per cent of foundations revenue to Scientology last year
John Travolta and Kelly Preston officially announce their pregnancy
John Travolta is a “pushover” when it comes to his kids
John Travolta and Kelly Preston spent $2,200 sending their dogs to 'doggie boot camp'