Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Ides of March' George Clooney has 'truly great' female friends
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2011 at 06:40 AM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
He said: "I've always had really great friends on both sides of the aisle, so to speak.
"I grew up with strong women, my mom is strong and so is my sister and so was my aunt, Rosemary Clooney.
"I've always been comfortable around women. I have some truly great women friends and the friendship is non-romantic."
‘Dark Knight Rising’ star Anne Hathaway responds to Catwoman costume criticism -VIDEO
‘The Borgias’ actor Jeremy Irons slams political correctness - VIDEOS
The beautiful people - our top ten pick of the most attractive Irish stars - PHOTOS
The 'Syriana' actor values honesty and humor in his friends, and loves the way his loved ones keep him grounded.
He told Britain's HELLO! magazine: "I look for a sense of humor and fun, an interest in other people and, most important of all, honesty.
"I don't surround myself with people who are on my payroll and have to agree with every word I say.
"There's a lot of smooth talking around. But for every person who says to me, 'Wow, you were brilliant in that', there's a friend, or my mom, dad, or sister, rolling their eyes and going, 'Yeah George, you're really a genius.' That's very important to me."