Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
‘Glee’s’ Darren Criss and Matt Bomer respond to Gotye’s negative comments - VIDEOS
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
|Darren Chris performing 'Somebody I used to know'|
HLNs “Showbiz Tonight” reports that in the wake of the performance, Gotye commented to The Sunday Mail saying that the ‘Glee’ version was "dinky and wrong.”
However, Criss and Bomer have responded no less than graciously to the singer’s views on their duet version of the song. On the red carpet of the Met Costume Institute Gala this past Monday night, Criss said, "That’s a common example of the media running away with something I think was completely harmless."
He added, “’ve been a long time Gotye fan...The fact that Gotye even knows who I am and what my name is, I am super thrilled.”
“I was not mad or disturbed at all by what he said...He’s allowed to say whatever he wants.”
Bomer also commented on Gotye’s comments, saying that “art is totally subjective.”
Following the fallout from Gotye’s response to the duet, the singer clarified his thoughts at a concert in Los Angeles, saying that he was referring to his own song as "dinky" and that he actually thought the Criss-Bomer collaboration was "clever" and a "great idea."
Here, check out Darren Criss and Matt Bomer speaking to HLN at the Met Costume Institute Gala:
And here’s their duet cover of Gotye’s ‘Somebody That I Used to Know.’
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...