Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Fans throw iPhones at One Direction instead of underwear
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2012 at 09:36 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
According to the Irish Independent, Irish member Niall Horan dished about the mania.
“They’ve kind of toned it down a little bit. It was worse. Now it’s kind of iPhones and things, which are kind of dangerous,” Horan is reported to have said.
The 18-year-old Mullingar native spoke about how the band cannot go anywhere without being mobbed.
Niall said: “When we were in New York, we were on our day off and me and Liam [Payne] were going down the street with one of our security guards and we got absolutely mobbed by like 600 people in Times Square.
“I thought ‘There is literally not one place I can walk down the street’.”
Horan, who has over four million followers on Twitter said the attention is hard to get used to.
“It’s been absolutely nuts,” he said. “It’s been crazy. We’re still trying to get our heads around it.”