Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Could you be the next Oprah?
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 at 04:22 PM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
Media mogul Oprah Winfrey is launching a TV talent show to search for her replacement as she plans to step down from her chat show this year.
Oprah has teamed up with reality TV legend Mark Burnett of "The Apprentice" and "Survivor" to find the next big star to fill her seat.
The talent contest will be called "Oprah's Search For The Next TV Star."
"The landscape and acceptance of ordinary people on television is widely accepted," the Daily Star quoted Burnett as saying.
"Much in the way American Idol finds unknown people (to be music stars) there's no reason we can't find someone who deserves their own show," Burnett added.
Watch this space!