Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Could you be the next Oprah?
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 at 04:22 PM
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
Media mogul Oprah Winfrey is launching a TV talent show to search for her replacement as she plans to step down from her chat show this year.
Oprah has teamed up with reality TV legend Mark Burnett of "The Apprentice" and "Survivor" to find the next big star to fill her seat.
The talent contest will be called "Oprah's Search For The Next TV Star."
"The landscape and acceptance of ordinary people on television is widely accepted," the Daily Star quoted Burnett as saying.
"Much in the way American Idol finds unknown people (to be music stars) there's no reason we can't find someone who deserves their own show," Burnett added.
Watch this space!
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...