Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
CNN host Piers Morgan has quit 'America's Got Talent' - VIDEO
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 at 09:15 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
|Piers Morgan on CNN|
However, Piers has joked he is free to host the Oscars after Eddie Murphy sensationally quit following the resignation of producer Brett Ratner.
Speaking on his current affairs show last night, he said: "Well, members of the Academy, I’m available. My schedule just cleared a bit, because I can exclusively reveal that I’m leaving 'America’s Got Talent'.
More celebrity gossip news from IrishCentral
Guinness secret revealed: Why do bubbles go down instead of up?
Irish-American cheats death surfing world record wave - VIDEOS
"I’ve been a judge since the show began six years ago, I’ve loved every single second, but I’ve discovered that juggling, to my surprise, really is a bit more difficult than I thought. So I’m going to focus on what will be a huge year here at CNN, with the upcoming election."
Piers - whose second wife Celia Walden is currently expecting the couple's first and the British star's fourth child - also joked his co-stars Sharon Osbourne, Howie Mandel and Nick Cannon will be "relieved" to see him go.
He said: "I wanna congratulate Sharon, Howie and Nick who will doubtless be relieved that they no longer have to work with me."
See his announcement here:
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...