Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
CNN host Piers Morgan has quit 'America's Got Talent' - VIDEO
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 at 09:15 AM
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
|Piers Morgan on CNN|
However, Piers has joked he is free to host the Oscars after Eddie Murphy sensationally quit following the resignation of producer Brett Ratner.
Speaking on his current affairs show last night, he said: "Well, members of the Academy, I’m available. My schedule just cleared a bit, because I can exclusively reveal that I’m leaving 'America’s Got Talent'.
More celebrity gossip news from IrishCentral
Guinness secret revealed: Why do bubbles go down instead of up?
Irish-American cheats death surfing world record wave - VIDEOS
"I’ve been a judge since the show began six years ago, I’ve loved every single second, but I’ve discovered that juggling, to my surprise, really is a bit more difficult than I thought. So I’m going to focus on what will be a huge year here at CNN, with the upcoming election."
Piers - whose second wife Celia Walden is currently expecting the couple's first and the British star's fourth child - also joked his co-stars Sharon Osbourne, Howie Mandel and Nick Cannon will be "relieved" to see him go.
He said: "I wanna congratulate Sharon, Howie and Nick who will doubtless be relieved that they no longer have to work with me."
See his announcement here: