Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Chris Evans didn’t enjoy wearing his “uncomfortable” superhero costume in 'Captain America: First Avenger'
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2011 at 09:19 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
|Evans as Captain America|
He said: "I did not get to keep any of the costumes, unfortunately. Because of a lot of times on films you have to go back and do re-shoots, and if they don't have the suit available, we're in trouble. And no, they were not comfortable."
However, in the planned sequel to the Marvel movies, 'The Avengers' – which also stars Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man and Chris Hemsworth as Thor – Chris’ costume will be more comfortable because the movie is set in modern times.
He added: "In 'The Avengers' the suit is much more slick, it's modern. There is a lot of range of motion and it makes those fight sequences a lot easier. It looks fantastic."
Chris recently revealed he injured himself while training to bulk up for the famous role, with his pectoral muscles taking a bruising.
‘Captain America’ star Chris Evans may have worked out too much for July 4th movie - VIDEO
'Captain America's' Chris Evans is going bald
'Captain America' star Chris Evans has had “too much fun” shooting sex scenes
He said: "I don't think my body is supposed to be as big as it got for ‘Captain America’. There was a strain on some joints. After a month and a half of training I found my right shoulder would click and my left pec would hurt.
"It was an ever-evolving workout, in which we always found ways to work around the parts of me that were sore. There are certain things that hurt more than others. But that seems to be pretty universal. Every guy I know has some sort of freak injury in their body."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...