Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Arnold Schwarzenegger told estranged wife Maria Shriver he's going to start a relationship with a "20-year-old honey"
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 10:42 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
According to Newsweek magazine, Schwarzenegger told his neighbour: "I think things will work out OK with Maria, but if they don't, I'm getting me a 20-year-old honey."
The 'Expendables 2' star is said to have told his wife of 25 years to leave their Californian mansion, which forced her to live in a hotel while Arnold remained in the property, and when she asked for a divorce he insisted that he would be the one who still has friends when they separate.
He said: "I have the money, the power, and the plane, and I will have the friends."
According to the publication, the 'Expendables 2' star "could not understand" why Maria - who has four children with the actor - didn't forgive him.
The piece states: "Arnold is a very different kind of person [to Maria]. Anything that posed emotional pain or difficulty, he was out of there.
"He could not understand why Maria could not just forgive and get on with things, and when Maria said she needed a trial separation and told Arnold to move out, family and friends say that he refused. It was his house, and he wasn't budging..."