Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Arnold Schwarzenegger to give Maria Shriver a 'very generous divorce settlement'
Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2011 at 10:08 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
An insider revealed to RadarOnline.com: "Arnold realises he is to blame for the collapse of his marriage. Maria was a loving wife and mother, and he doesn't think that any amount of money can minimize what he has put her through. He wants to do the right thing, and go above and beyond what is required of him under the law.
Maria Shriver confronted the mother of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s secret child - noticed boy’s resemblance to husband
Maria Shriver doesn't want her children to become "collateral damage" in divorce with Arnold Schwarzenegger
Ashton Kutcher thinks ‘Twilight’s’ Robert Pattinson makes a lame vampire
"This is going to be a very amicable divorce, and it won't be played out in the media. Neither one of them wants that. Arnold hasn't lost his mind, he is going to be giving away his fortune to her. He wants to show his children that he is taking responsibility for his actions."
Maria – who filed for divorce from Arnold on Friday - is entitled to a 50/50 split of all the couple's assets accumulated during their marriage because California is a Community Property state.
Settlement talks between the 63-year-old former governor of California – who is reportedly worth around $500-$750 million – and Maria have been ongoing for more than two months.