‘Argo’ star Ben Affleck plans to live on $1.50 a day
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
|‘Argo’ star Ben Affleck plans to live on $1.50 a day|
The 'Argo' director and star has encouraged his fans to show their support for 1.4 billion people living in extreme poverty worldwide, and the Live Below The Line campaign, by joining him and consuming just $1.50 worth of food every day for five days in a row.
The 40-year-old Oscar-winner shared his plans on Twitter on Monday, writing: "1.4 billion people live on less the $1.50/day. I'm joining Live #BelowTheLine on behalf of @easterncongo. Will you?"
The father-of-three, who is married to actress Jennifer Garner, has been advised to spend his entire budget of $7.50 at the beginning of the week on high calorie, affordable food like pasta and rice.
His participation in the campaign will see him join other celebrities, including Jonah Hill, Josh Groban, Sophia Bush and 'The Avengers' actor Tom Hiddleston, who are also supporting the cause to raise awareness of issues of inequality and poverty around the world.
Ben, who has visited the Congo eight times in recent years, is a huge supporter of the fight against poverty.
He previously revealed he started his own charity called the Eastern Congo Initiative as an example to his children Violet, seven, and Seraphina, four, and son Samuel, 14-months.
He said: "I got to a point in my life where I felt like I had been very fortunate.
"And I wanted to do something more with my life than just make movies and try to make money.
"I wanted to do something that was important to me in other ways and would serve as an example to my kids."
Be the first to make a comment.
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...