Here are the top ten inexpensive Irish gifts as compiled by Irish Central staff for this year
1. Spread the Chrsitmas cheers with something truly Irish from the Ireland Gifts Store. From a Jameson whiskey set to a beautiful Aran sweater or a piece of Celtic jewelery you'll find something special here.
2. Susan Boyle's CD. The daughter of Irish immigrants to Glasgow has become the hottest singer in the world with her new album at No.1. on both sides of the Atlantic. “Come all ye Faithful”. “The First Noel” and other Christmas favorites make this a must. That older aunt or uncle will love these sentimental tunes.
3. A ticket to Ireland at Aerlingus.com. Fares in January and February are dirt cheap so take advantage. A wonderful opportunity for someone who has never been to the "old sod" but longs to go.
4. An Irish Christmas tree ornament at Blarney.com or shamrockgift.com. Deck the tree with something from the old country and bring some of that Irish flavor home.
5. Bing Crosby’s album “Merry Christmas.” The Irish American crooner can get you in that Christmas spirit like no other performer. Contains his smash hit ‘Christmas in Killarney for good measure.
6. "The Dead" on DVD. James Joyce's incredible short story about Christmas in Dublin and a husband struggling with his mortality has finally made it to DVD in the John Huston directed version. Read the short story too. Wonderful and evocative of a time gone by.
7. A year's subscription to Irish America Magazine and Irish Voice Newspaper. The perfect gift that keeps on giving all year long. Call 1800 582 66421800 582 6642
8. An Irish breakfast gift basket. Nothing better than a hearty Irish breakfast to start the day with real Irish bacon and sausage. You can order online at tommymoloneys.com
9. Lily O'Brien's Irish chocolates are to die for and beautifully gift wrapped. If you have never tasted the real thing form Ireland now is your chance at www.lilyobriens.ie/
10. A Claddagh ring for your beloved. A very special gift that says I love you and not just for lovers but increasingly for family members too. At any reputable jewellers.
Log in with your social accounts:
Or, log in with your IrishCentral account:
Don't have an account yet? Register now !
Join IrishCentral with your social accounts:
Already have an account ? Log in
Or, sign up for an IrishCentral account below:
Make sure we gathered the correct information from you
You already have an account on IrishCentral! Please confirm you're the owner.
Our new policy requires our users to save a first and last name. Please update your account: