Who has more a way with words than the Irish? From Joyce, to Yeats to Shaw and down through the generations, they have pondered life's great questions, but also expressed their love beautifully.
Here are some short love lines for St. Valentine's Day from the heart of the Irish:
1. Pulse of my heart, song of my soul, light of my night
2. May you have warm hands on a cold evening
3. It is easy to half the potato when there is love
4. Love him when he least deserves it, that's when he most needs it
5. Love makes time pass, beware time making love pass
6. Always trust, when mistrust comes love goes out
7. I believe there is a sun when it is not shining, I believe there is a God when I cannot see him, I believe there is love when I feel it not
8. Beware an Irishman who loves his wife the most but his mother the longest
9. Trouble in love hates nothing more than a smile
10. Love is like a lifeboat on the stormy sea of life
Log in with your social accounts:
Or, log in with your IrishCentral account:
Don't have an account yet? Register now !
Join IrishCentral with your social accounts:
Already have an account ? Log in
Or, sign up for an IrishCentral account below:
Make sure we gathered the correct information from you
You already have an account on IrishCentral! Please confirm you're the owner.
Our new policy requires our users to save a first and last name. Please update your account: