Irish derivation: Ó Donnchadha.
Name meaning: "Descendant of Donnchadh."
Counties associated with the name: Galway, Cavan, Kerry and Cork.
Coat of arms motto: "Nunquam non Paratus" or Never Unprepared.
Read more: What’s your Irish clan?
- The family traces its lineage from the eleventh-century Eoghanacht dynasty of Munster, which participated in the battle of Clontarf in 1014.
Some famous O'Donoghues:
- Juan de O'Donojú (1762-1821, last Viceroy of Mexico)
- Bernard O'Donoghue (1945-, contemporary Irish poet and academic)
- Florence O'Donoghue (1895–1967, Irish historian and military intelligence expert)
- Ben O'Donoghue (1970-, Australian Celebrity Chef)
- Danny O'Donoghue (1980-, lead singer of The Script)
- Lowitja O'Donoghue (1932-, Aboriginal Australian civil rights activist)
Read more: W
Log in with your social accounts:
Or, log in with your IrishCentral account:
Don't have an account yet? Register now !
Join IrishCentral with your social accounts:
Already have an account ? Log in
Or, sign up for an IrishCentral account below:
Make sure we gathered the correct information from you
You already have an account on IrishCentral! Please confirm you're the owner.
Our new policy requires our users to save a first and last name. Please update your account: