The most annoying words used by Irish people in 2011
Online poll reveals what words really get people annoyed
The Irish have a way with words and sometimes it can be downright annoying. Here are the Top Twenty words and phrases rated most annoying in an online poll by Journal.ie.
“You know that kind of way…”
“At the end of the day”
“Kicking the can down the road”
"People saying dotcom after things, ie, “Oh – I was out last night and now it’s hangover.com” or “confused.com” or “It’s delish.com”
The constant abuse of the word ‘literally’
‘Whatever’—also voted most annoying phrase of all in America.
“Adding ‘out’ to the end of anything, e.g. happy out, crazy out. It makes no sense as well as being irritating.” (From Super Kario)
“With all due respect…” (“I really think you’re an a**hole.”)
“As it were…” (As what was exactly?)
Adding “Boom!” to the end of a sentence annoyed Laura Murray
“Just bear with me”
“We are where we are”
“We have turned the corner”
Read More news from Ireland on IrishCentral
15 - 79 | See all comments
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Owners of Boston’s Burren Pub to host CD release party while helping homeless...
- Irish nanny lawyers in Boston murder case obtains computer records...
- New Boston mayor wants to abolish ICE fingerprinting policies...
- Boston nanny lawyer seeks computer records of slain baby’s family...
- Caroline Kennedy sworn in as new U.S. ambassador to Japan...