What being Irish really means - top ten “you know you’re Irish if”
Everyone’s Irish for St. Patrick’s Day but what about after – find out what it really takes
St. Patrick’s Day is over, the world has packed up its shiny green hats, suspenders and wigs for the year, the face paint have been put away until next year.
We know everyone’s Irish on St. Patrick’s Day, but what does it really take to be Irish?
Here’s a funny list compiled from writer Joe Keefe’s book.
How many do you agree with? Let us know below.
1.You will never play professional basketball.
2.You have no idea how to make a long story short.
3.You are very good at playing a lot of very bad golf.
4.You have never hit your head on the ceiling.
5.You're strangely poetic after a few beers.
6.Someone in your family is incredibly cheap. It is more than likely you.
7.You don't know the words, but that doesn't stop you from singing.
8.You can't wait for the other guy to stop talking so you can start talking.
9.You're not nearly as funny as you think you are, but what you lack in talent, you make up for in frequency.
10.You are, or know someone, named "Murph." If you don't know Murph, then you know Mac, if you don't know Murph or Mac, then you know Sully, and you'll probably also know Sully McMurphy.
and because it’s simply so true:
11.You are genetically incapable of keeping a secret.
Source: Being Irish, Contemplations On Nature And Meaning
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- Owners of Boston’s Burren Pub to host CD release party while helping homeless...
- Irish nanny lawyers in Boston murder case obtains computer records...
- New Boston mayor wants to abolish ICE fingerprinting policies...
- Boston nanny lawyer seeks computer records of slain baby’s family...