Lynch, who has 17 previous convictions, including assault and possession of a shotgun, pleaded guilty to the three charges.
Mari Keane-Connolly (5) from Termon Road in Boyle died in the early hours of October 3, last year.
[Source: Irish Times]
Two 26-year-old men have been given until next October to come up with more money for a woman they assaulted in her car.
Sligo Circuit Court heard that the incident occurred in the middle of the day when the two men, Colm Morris, Knockarush, Boyle, and Thomas O'Connor, Arden Street, Edinburgh, both former students of IT Sligo, were drunk and abusive at Ballinode on September 23, 2009. The woman was in the area monitoring student behavior and was bringing them to a nearby housing estate.
Prosecuting Counsel Ms. Dara Foynes, B.L., told the court that O'Connor, before getting into the woman's car, had smashed a bottle on the ground by throwing it over his shoulder.
[Source: Sligo Champion]
Gardai (police) and emergency services attended the scene of a helicopter “hard landing” at Borrisoleigh, County Tipperary last Tuesday afternoon when the air ambulance was forced to come down in a field just off the main Thurles-Nenagh road.
Nobody was injured in the manoeuvre although the crew were said to be shaken after the traumatic incident which occurred at approximately 3 p.m.
It is understood that the helicopter may have clipped a power line which resulted in the hard landing having to be made in the field. Air Corps helicopters were soon on the scene with three helicopters parked in the field as investigators began looking into the causes of the incident.
[Source: Tipperary Star]
A row over CCTV footage in the trial of two men accused of murdering Michaela McAreavey in Mauritius has been resolved.
The trial was adjourned June 15 after CCTV footage was requested as the prosecution and defense in Michaela McAreavey murder trial argued over the identification of a couple in the hotel reception.
However, defense lawyers in the trial of two men accused of murdering Michaela McAreavey, last Monday, said they will not press the issue of CCTV footage of a couple in the hotel reception.
[Source: Tyrone Courier]
A longstanding business owner in Tramore has been up to her knees in sewerage from the town, because of a glitch in the Council’s sewerage system, as waste water flooded into her premises twice in the past two weeks. Councilor Joe Conway told the members of the Co. Council at this month’s meeting that Margaret Kelly of Kelly’s Classics in Summer Hill has been forced to consider the future of her business due to unbearable flooding in the shop following recent heavy rainfall.
He said that her business has been seriously damaged, as a “mountainous flow of sewerage” came into the premises after a very wet night.
[Source: Waterford News & Star]
While Athlone town councilors have agreed to continue to seek a meeting with the Taoiseach (Prime Minister) on the status of Custume Barracks, opposition members have blamed Fine Gael for the town losing its brigade status.
Fianna Fail member Clr. Aengus O'Rourke called on Mayor Alan Shaw to resign over the issue, but he was the only member who pursued that approach.
An emergency meeting of Athlone Town Council had been called last Monday evening to discuss the loss of the 4th brigade headquarter status from Custome Barracks, as announced the previous week, by the Junior Minister for Defense, Paul Kehoe.
[Source: Westmeath Independent]
The Queen of England sent a letter to a Wexford couple celebrating their 60th Jubilee Wedding Anniversary recently, congratulating them on their milestone achievement.
While celebrating her own forthcoming Diamond Jubilee Queen Elizabeth took the time to write a personal letter to Norman and Sheila Hunt of Hollymount, Mulgannon, after their daughter Alison Harvey of Epsom & Surrey used her contacts to organize the special surprise for her parents.
[Source: Wexford Echo]
A family who reside in various structures including a chalet and a mobile home at Lough Dan, Co Wicklow, have appealed against a decision of Wicklow Circuit Court requiring the structures to be demolished or removed.
Katie Fortune and her brother Johnny Fortune, who live with their families at lands at Carrigeenshinnagh, Lough Dan, in Roundwood, claim the buildings are exempt from planning permission and their rights under the European Convention on Human Rights have not been considered.
The case arises after Wicklow County Council initiated proceedings in 2009 against the Fortunes under section 160 of the Planning and Development Act, 2000, in which the council claimed the structures were unauthorized.
(Source: Irish Times)
Log in with your social accounts:
Or, log in with your IrishCentral account:
Don't have an account yet? Register now !
Join IrishCentral with your social accounts:
Already have an account ? Log in
Or, sign up for an IrishCentral account below:
Make sure we gathered the correct information from you
You already have an account on IrishCentral! Please confirm you're the owner.
Our new policy requires our users to save a first and last name. Please update your account: