George Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara speaking to the pressAP

George Zimmerman’s lawyer, Mark O’Mara, does not think a Florida judge will increase his client’s bond, despite the fact that he had an undisclosed $200,000 in donations from online supporters. 

The self-appointed neighborhood watch volunteer who is accused of murdering 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, is currently residing at an undisclosed location having been released on a $150,000 bond.  

According to CBS news, O’Mara said Zimmerman’s failure to disclose the donations was an “oversight”. 

Zimmerman had set up a website during the media storm that followed the murder of the teen. He included his story, several quotes from historical figures, and a option for supporters to donate via PayPal. The site has now been shut down. 

On Friday, speaking after a hearing, O’Mara said, “Quite honestly, with everything he is going through over the past few weeks, if that is the only oversight committed, then we'll deal with it." 

O’Mara explained that he had only learned about this money after Zimmerman’s release. The family had used $5,000 from the website along with a second mortgage on their home to bail out Zimmerman. The defendant also used the money for living expenses. 

O’Mara said that while the original website has been taken down, the defense now plans to start two others. 

Previously Zimmerman’s family had told the judge they would find it difficult to come up with the money for his bond. O’Mara said his family was not being deceptive. However, Florida Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester said he wanted to know about the money before making a decision about the bond. 

Benjamin Crump, the attorney for Martin’s family, said that they were “offended” that Zimmerman had claimed that he had no money when speaking to the judge. 

Crump said, “This is a bombshell that was dropped.”

Here’s ABC’s reports on Zimmerman’s website and the $200,000 donations: