Undocumented Irish lose champion
Immigrants mourn loss of Ireland's favorite emigrant
- News / A great Irish chieftain has passed / Click here
- News / Tributes pour in for the late Ted Kennedy / Click here
- News / Lion of the Senate is dead / Click here
- News / Undocumented Irish say farewell / Click here
- Multimedia / Videos and photos - Irish visit, immigration, The Kennedys/ Click here
- Comment / Senator Edward Kennedy - The lion in winter / Click here
- Comment / Niall O'Dowd - Why Teddy picked Obama / Click here
- Roots / The Irish Kennedys / Click here
- Roots/ Irish America magazine 1997 interview with Ted Kennedy / Click here
The undocumented Irish immigrants in the U.S. have lost their champion with the death of Senator Edward Kennedy.
Ted Kennedy - who freely acknowledged that his own family would not be allowed to immigrate to the U.S. now - was a real champion for the undocumented Irish.
And they were mourning the most famous great-great-grandson of Irish immigrants in Irish cities across the U.S.; from Philadelphia to New York to Chicago to San Francisco and his home berth in Boston.
Kennedy attended every Washington rally sponsored by the Irish Lobby for Immigration Reform and won the hearts of thousands of Irish people who knew the Kennedy name from back home.
In Boston, Brian, 42, an undocumented immigrant from Co Tyrone, paid tribute to the Kennedy legacy.
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Dubliner found guilty of vicious Temple Bar...
- Did Catholic Church insistence on English...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Irish university suspends Legion of Mary...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
The only warning the U S Government need issue to its citizens is: When visiting Northern Ireland, mind your own damned business! it is not your countNelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning its arms during 2000 talks
So, PhlutiePhan . . . you trained with Brit intelligence. That explains a lot. No doubt You and Maggie Thatcher would have loved to have seen MandelCardinal Sean O’Malley announces Vatican effort to address abuse crisis
Nowhere does Cardinal O'Malley or news reports on this project mention plans for church officials to cooperate with the law enforcement agencies and cUnionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
Where unionists, with a different set of values, traditions and economic conditions (developed over three centuries), see their way of life threatened