Trinity College J-1 student in a coma after road accident in Cape Cod
Dubliner struck by van on July 1
A J-1 student remains in a coma in Cape Cod, following a road traffic accident.
The incident happened at around 10am on July 1st, when Dubliner Pádraig Schaler, a 23-year-old student at Trinity College, was hit by a van when he was cycling in Brewster, Massachusetts. According to police, Schaler was not wearing a helmet.
The Irish student was working in Cape Cod along with his friends for the summer, reports the Irish Independent.
Schaler’s parents, Patricia O'Byrne and Reinhard Schaler, have come over from Ireland with his two sisters to be with him. Many J-1 Irish students who are staying in Cape Cod and Boston have been visiting him.
A Trinity College student, the young man is very involved with the Irish language society, Cumann na Gaelach. The college recently organized a Mass at the Trinity College Chapel to pray for his recovery.
A statement from Trinity College Student's Union posted on Facebook read, “With Pádraig in a critical condition we hope for a full recovery. Our thoughts are with his friends and family at this time.”
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
All of his supporters should offer him baby sitting jobs, to help with his legal bills. If he comes here, time will be the least of his troubles in prSpanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air hostess calendar
Having trouble making up my mind as to whether senora Cohen is right. Will withhold my opinion until I have fully examined the video in question.Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination” for second year by USA travelers
This, in spite of the I C assurances that "Real Irish" loathe "Plastic Paddies." Now once again proud canuck shows his Envy of AmeRacist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
eiriamach Verbiage is not a substitute for substance.