Top jockey flees haunted house and ghost of a dead soldier
Tony McCoy says his family were petrified after strange visits
Champion steeplechase jockey Tony McCoy has been forced to flee his haunted house – and his wife Chanelle won’t move back.
The Northern Ireland native, Britain’s Sports Personality of the Year, has now fled his home.
His brush with the supernatural has seen McCoy move his family out of their Berkshire estate in England.
They are now living in rented accommodation while they build a new house with his wife adamant she won’t move back.
The County Antrim man was at a race in Liverpool when Chanelle phoned him to say she could hear someone moving about upstairs.
“She was petrified,” revealed McCoy according to the Irish Independent.
“The bizarre thing was they weren’t being quiet, she could hear them walking up and down and opening and closing doors.”
McCoy called a friend to check on Chanelle and his four-year-old daughter Eve. No intruder was found and the family’s nanny Sophie admitted she had heard similar noises.
A previous owner of the house also told the McCoys that she had been told the building was haunted by the ghost of an old soldier who had been shot there.
Locals told the jockey that two soldiers had a duel on the lawns of the house and one of them was killed.
Daughter Eve then said she had seen a child in her bedroom. “Chanelle isn’t one to dramatize things so I knew she must have heard something, she was so scared,” said McCoy.
“But once I heard Eve might have seen a ghost that was it, we had to go.”
McCoy also ran into spooky problems at his previous home when his footballer friend Francis Jeffers awoke in the middle of the night to find an old woman standing staring at him.
“I don’t know what’s going on, I think the ghosts must follow me,” said Tony.
“As my mother pointed out to me I should be more afraid of what’s alive that what’s dead,” he said.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Young people worst affected by Ireland’s...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...