Philanthropist Warren Buffett sends aides to Ireland to discuss sale of State assets
Top staff meet with Minister for Energy Pat Rabbitte over Bord Gais Energy assets
Renowned businessman and philanthropist Warren Buffett has reportedly sent a few of his top aides to Ireland to meet the Irish Minister for Energy, Pat Rabbitte, to discuss the possible sale of State assets.
"Two meetings were held with different representatives of the Berkshire Hathaway group. In both cases these were introductory meetings organized at the request of Berkshire Hathaway," a government source told the Sunday Independent.
Bord Gais Energy, Ireland’s national gas company, is on the block for an estimated price of $1.3 billion dollars.
Bord Gais is one of several government companies that are up for grabs. Others include Coillte the Irish forestry organization) and the license for the National Lottery.
Buffett has been burnt by Irish investments in the past. In 2008, he invested $318.5m in a pair of Irish banks but when shares tanked that investment decreased in value to $35m.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Photo shows Irish revolutionaries three years...
- Bono, Gerry Adams, President Higgins all...
Since he is against Capitalism, would the Pope tell Jesus he was wrong about the parable of the 3 servants given the varying amounts of money? The seAn open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
It's not that some are able to accumulate vast wealth, it's the fact some of these well-off people don't believe in a progressive income tax structureIreland's most prolific high king - you may be descended from him
"surnames such as O'Connor, Flynn, Egan, Hynes, O'Reilly and Quinn– have the same genetic signature as Niall of the Nine Hostages, BradleyVirginia governor slammed by doctor over plain cigarette pack rejection
The Virginia Governor should mind his own business...oops, I forgot he 's bought and paid for by the tobacco industry that's still sore because they'v