No sellout on the horizon for U2
Tickets still available for band's gig in Dublin on July 27
Published Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 3:01 PM
Updated Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 12:08 PM
Photo by PA Archive/PA Photos
Comment: Is it me or is U2?
U2 slideshow: Click here
If fans are looking for U2 tickets this summer in Dublin, then they can’t complain that they still haven’t found what they are looking for.
Fans in Ireland seemed hesitant in deciding if the band’s July 27 gig is the Sweetest Thing. Or maybe the economic downturn has quelled their desire.
Or maybe it is the upper tier section of GAA headquarters that is causing fans with Vertigo to cry off?
The band is touring their latest album, No Line on the Horizon, on their latest jaunt around the planet.
The quartet starts their world tour on June 30 in Barcelona, winding their way around 14 cities in Europe before starting the American leg of the tour at Soldier Field in Chicago on September 12.
A quick glance at the 360° European tour schedule shows that tickets are still available for gigs in Barcelona, Milan, Berlin, Gelsenkirchen, Chorzow, London, Glasgow, Sheffield and Cardiff.
The global economic crisis and subsequent shortage of disposable income have undoubtedly hit sales, but has the band bitten off a little more than it can chew on this 100-date world tour?
But have no fear, U2 will continue to blaze a trail around the world, with or without you.
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...