Irish broadcaster RTE accused of Democratic Party bias
Fine Gael senator claims direct line to Party HQ
Irish state broadcaster RTE has been accused of a pro Democratic Party bias in the US presidential election.
Fine Gael Senator Paul Broadford made the claim in the Seanad (senate) chambers.
The Senator claimed: “An institutionalised pro-Democratic Party bias exists within RTE”
He added: “Having listened to Morning Ireland on RTE, I wonder why we pay to have an American correspondent.
“It would be just as easy for RTE to have a direct link with Democratic national party headquarters.”
His remarks were immediately contradicted by former Presidential election candidate David Norris.
Senator Norris said: “Nonsense. It was balanced. I heard every word of it
Bradford retorted: “It would be appropriate, if those at RTE want to report on the US election, that they do so in a balanced fashion and keep their bias to their private conversations.”
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Bono, Gerry Adams, President Higgins all...
I think it's a riot that a girl who is accused of drug smuggling is still wearing her hair in a huge bun. You can't make this stuff up.Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
It is kind of strange in America how you hear more Christmas songs the day after Thanksgiving (aka Black Friday) than you do the day after Christmas.An open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
Pope is not against capitalism but rather the excess of captialism....nothing new here, Pope John Paul II said after we dismantled the Evil Empire: &qSarah Palin is saving Christmas
Since O'Doherty has never revealed himself to have anything intelligent to say, why not just engage in hate-filled trivializing caricatures.