Hero 12-year-old steers car to safety, saving father who had seizure - VIDEO
High speed emergency ends well thanks to quick thinking of young Patrick Canney
A young Irish American boy is being hailed for his quick thinking. 12 year old Patrick Canney was riding in the car with his father and sister when it began to coast, due to his dad having a seizure.
According to Fox News Boston, the cool-headed young kid grabbed the wheel and managed to get the car off the road on Interstate 95 in Dracut, Massachusetts.
Canney's driver's license won't come for years yet, but he already knows how to steer himself out of a dangerous situation, and already he's being hailed as a hero.
Canney's dad suffered a seizure and after they were safely off the road his son reached into his pocket to call 911.
It's the latest in a string of heroics for the modest kid. Six years ago the family's house reportedly caught fire and young Canney ran back into the burning building to grab a fire extinguisher and help. He was only 6 years old at the time.
Patrick's dad is reportedly recovering and will be just fine after the incident.
Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...
"RECOVERY" My Arse The Country is in so much debt just about paying interest while borrowing 1 bl per month They have just been caught robbiThe New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-praised economic recovery
A bit of sleight of hand, I think. Rather than look into cleaning up the economy in the US, they'd rather try to find someone worse off. I wonder if tOffensive NFL sign outside restaurant just a symptom of a larger problem
Hi Chuck, if we get rid of red, what will Carl Rove do? After all it was his idea to associate red with the Republican Party.How Christmas was in my father’s time
I don't mean to be rude but I am aghast as to why your Father walked barefoot in the middle of Winter & also such a distance as every small villag