Heartbreak for Irish couples as Russia and Vietnam cancel adoptions
Would-be Irish parents face a heartbreaking wait to see if they can still adopt their children after Russia put Ireland on an adoption blacklist.
About 100 adoptive children have been affected by the blacklist.
The Russian blacklist comes in the wake of the collapse of an adoption agreement between Ireland and Vietnam.
About 60 adoptions were abruptly canceled in May after the agreement between the two countries collapsed while a further 300 adoptions are still under question.
Ireland's Minister for Children Barry Andrews says he is seeking a solution with both the Russian and Vietnamese authorities.
The problems with Russia arose six months ago over assessment forms of the adopted child's progress.
Some 117 Irish children were adopted from Russian in 2008 with 160 the year previous.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
I know of one very Irish guest house operated by an Irish couple in Connecticut, near my wife's hometown. She and I have spent a few nights there arouNelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
You should hear in the USA the right wng extremists calling Nelson Mandela all kinds of names and insults...........Why because he is black. These riVirginia governor slammed by doctor over plain cigarette pack rejection
YOur welcome to smoke - and take a decade off you life from lung cancer, throat cancer, nicotine scaring the arteries which provides places where plaAn open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
I'm not caht but he's a great guy, especially compared to his past extremist right wing German pope As for capitalism, in the USA, the gap between th