Giant Iceland volcano's ash cloud closes Ireland's airports
A huge volcanic dust cloud emanating from the Eyjafjallajokull volcano eruption in Iceland has effectively closed Irish airports, with all flights canceled until 6am Irish time Friday morning.
Up to 60,000 air passengers in Dublin have been affected by the Irish Aviation Authority's decision to suspend all flights.
The IAA said the possibility of rock particles in the ash air damaging aircrafts and the fact that the dust could shut down engines was too much of a safety risk.
Passengers were left frustrated at airports all over the country, and the domino effect of today’s decision to suspend air traffic will see increased delays over the coming days as airports accommodate stranded travelers.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
IRELAND FOR THE IRISH !Lack of access to MI5 intelligence hindering garda 'mole' search
There will never be real peace until Mi5 & the british army leave Ireland !I want review of tests on gun that shot me, says IRA spy Martin McGartland
Don't worry they have a bullet for you !Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air hostess calendar
That judge should come into the 21st century. Such an idiotic comment She should be a judge on the Rose of Tralee or Spain has got Talent!