Average house prices in Ireland continue to slide
No sign of recovery for Irish property markets
May’s increase in Irish housing prices—the first since the 2007 property crash—proved short-lived, as the average price of a home in Ireland dropped 1.1% last month.
May saw an increase of 0.2% in housing prices, prompting hopes of recovery, which were later dashed with last month’s return to the falling trend.
Stockbrokers told the Belfast Telegraph that there were no positive signs for the housing market and predicted that the trend would continue.
Housing prices have fallen a total of 14.4% in the past year, the Central Statistics Office for the Republic of Ireland found.
According to the Belfast Telegraph, housing prices in Dublin have dropped 245,670 over the last five years, worth 431,000 at the height of the property boom.
Prices in Dublin are now down 62 percent from their Celtic Tiger peak, while prices in the other counties are down 47 percent.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
Obama is not a socialist, that is why you got ACA run by private insurance companies instead of Single Payer. I know he's not a socialist because I amUnionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
More 'fried brain' nonsense...A sibling of an Irish person...is Irish...stay out of the Sun, 'n keep trying, cobber!!!Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
Hi alisaann, in truth, the ones who lose the most are the children. Marriage affords most people a means to bequeath possessions to the family withoutGay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
Hi alisaann, in truth, the ones who lose the most are the children. Marriage affords most people a means to bequeath possessions to the family without